CANFIELD SWIM &
Coordinator: Stephanie Ruark 330-360-0254 Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Text @CSTCSL to 81010 for Swim Lessons Weather Cancellations
Click Here to sign up / register for Swim Lessons through the website
Swim lesson sessions “Learn to Swim” program will be 2 weeks in length with lessons being taught Monday thru Thursday each of the week. Fridays will be reserved for make-up days for classes cancelled due to inclement weather. As in years past, all children of members are invited to participate. Enjoying swim lessons on consecutive days provides the children with more concentrated learning time and should help families plan their summer out.
The “Learn to Swim” program through the American Red Cross and is taught by our own CSTC lifeguards who are certified as Water Safety Instructors.
New Procedures for COVID-19 Safety:
- Levels 1-3 will require an adult per child to be in the water with them to assist their swimmer manually while the WSI gives
instruction and guidance from the pool deck.
- Levels 1-3 will have the pool divided into 6 quadrants in which each will have a set of diving toys which will be sterilized after
each use (families are welcome to bring their own diving toys if preferred).
- Levels 4-6 will have swimmers in the pool independently while the WSI gives instruction from the pool deck.
*Levels 5 & 6 is the recommended option for swimmers who would have participated in the Swim Team’s 8 & Unders.
- All class sizes will be limited and sign-ups will be on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Levels 1-3: no more than 6 adult/child pairs per session
- Levels 4-6: no more than 6 swimmers per session
|SESSION||SESSION DATES||REGISTRATION DEADLINE|
|Session 1||June 15 - 26||Saturday, June 13th
June 29 - July 10
|Saturday, June 27th|
|Session 3||July 13 -24||Saturday, July 11th|
| Session 4
|| July 27- August 4
||Saturday, July 25th|
SWIM LESSON LEVEL PLACEMENT TESTING:
We will not be offering an Orientation Celebration this year, but if you have any questions or concerns about the level of your swimmer, please call the front office to set up a time to meet with one of our WSIs and they can assess your child’s ability for placement into the most appropriate level.
- *This is the recommended option for swimmers who would have participated in the Swim Team’s 8 & Unders.
Please note that the following times are tentative and may be changed from each session and due to the number of swimmers registered for each level. If the times are changed from what is listed you will be contacted via email.
|9:00-9:30||Level 4 (Shallow)
||9:00-9:45|| Levels 5 & 6 (Deep)
|9:30-10:00||Level 1 (Shallow)
||9:45-10:15||Levels 5 & 6 (Deep)|
|10:00-10:30||Level 2 (Shallow)
||10:15-11:00||Levels 5 & 6 (Deep)|
|10:30-11:00||Level 3 (Shallow)
All registration will be completed on our website. We will email the membership when this will be opened. Swim Lessons are only available to CSTC members who are current with their membership dues.
Here are some additional downloadable files related to the Swim Team Conduct for participants and families as well as other useful documents....